UV INK & COATINGS
Coatings mentioned in this brochure represent a selection of our product programme UV Gloss coatings. Many special coatings, for example UV based primers or coatings for other printing processes such as web offset, gravure or digital printing, are available on demand.
UV-curable coating technology provides benefits in terms of good performance, environmental compatibility and processing efficiency.
Liquid forms of UV-curing systems are solvent-free, require low energy for curing, and are adaptable to most conventional coating methods. Employing either radical or cationic curing mechanisms, the cross linking of these coatings is initiated by means of UV light.
UV-curable coating formulations are based on acrylated oligomers (mainly acrylic esters of polyesters, polyethers, polyurethanes and epoxy resins).
NARROW WEB UV FLEXO INKS
Is suitable for labels and certain flexible packaging applications where specific demand for low migration is required.
It can be used in all narrow web flexographic print units provided the ink is cured (exposed to UV light).This Narrow Web UV ink can also be used with reversed angle doctor blades as well as chambered doctor blades.
- Self adhesive labels(coated & uncoated papers, PE, top coated PE & PP, cast coated papers and PVC)
- Wrap around labels
- In-mould labels(BOPP)
- Unsupported film applications
Standard colour and properties
|PRODUCT NAME||LIGHT FASTNESS(DARK COLOUR)||LIGHT FASTNESS(LIGHT COLOUR)||HEAT RESISTANCE||SOAP RESISTANCE||SOLVENT RESISTANCE|
|HIPRINT FLEXO YELLOW||3||2||4||5||5|
|HIPRINT FLEXO MAGENTA||5||3-4||4||2||4|
|HIPRINT FLEXO CYAN||8||7||5||5||5|
|HIPRINT FLEXO BLACK||8||7||5||5||5|
|HIPRINT FLEXO TRANSPARENT WHITE||8||-||5||5||5|
|HIPRINT FLEXO OPAQUE WHITE||8||7||5||5||5|
- Very Low migration.
- Excellent rheology & Low viscosity.
- Excellent curing properties.
- Minimum plate swell.
- Excellent dot sharpness, Minimal dot gain and suitable for Line, text and half tone works.
- Possibility to use UV flexo in various food Packaging and label applications where Specic low migration is required.
- Easy to handle, very good ink duct behavior, no hanging back.
- Meet stringent demand of food packaging is possible.
- Improved productivity as high speed printing Is possible.
- Improved productivity as high speed printing is possible.
- Consistent high print quality. Best Print quality with UV Flexo.
- Very low migration for targeted stimulants.
- Excellent printability has a good flow and little thixotropy.
- Excellent curing properties improved productivity as high speed printing is possible.
- An excellent adhesion to synthetic substrate.
- VOC free and user friendly raw materials hence environment friendly.
- Minimum plate swell.
- Adhesion to wide range of materials.
- High printing speed.
- Very good colour strength.
- Low viscosity and good ink duct behaviors.
- Excellent printability and dot reproduction.
Storage and shelf life
- UV Curable inks should be stored and handled in packing container
- Ahead space should be present in any storage container to support the oxygen requirements of the inhibitor
- The material should be stored in dark and at temperature not exceeding 25°C.
- Exposure to direct sun light , freezing and heat should be avoided.
- Shelf life of the material is six months from the date of manufacturing.
Safety and handling
Materials in these inks can cause eye and skin irritation, and have potential to cause skin sensitization in susceptible individuals .Proper hygiene practices should be utilized.